Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In which I return

Well hi everyone! Fancy meeting you here....at this place I said I would be days...(weeks?) ago. Sorry to keep you waiting. I've been awfully lax on working out. I'll work out one or two days a week, take a week off, rinse and repeat. Bad, I know. You would think that wanting to do something as awesome as run a marathon would be enough to get me training, wouldn't you? Add to that that it's an instant mood booster, and you should have to try to get me from going to the gym, instead of trying to get me to go to the gym. But no, no dice. I seem to need tangible rewards, not intrinsic rewards. So I have chosen chocolate. Yes, chocolate. I crave it multiple times a day. I can force myself through sheer force of will to not have any for a couple weeks maximum, and then I binge. So, I have decided that I will not be able to have any sweets, until after I exercise. And it's been three days in a row! Go me! I'm especially proud of myself for my workout today, it's a new personal record.

I ran a mile and a half on the treadmill with the resistance set at 1 (I had read that doing so mimics running outdoors) and didn't have to slow down to walk at all! I even sped up at the end! (I'm in the habit of increasing my speed from 4 to 4.5 for the last little bit.)

So proud of myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment