Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A brief introduction of myself and my goals.

Hello! My name is Aileen (pronounced Ay-lean). Welcome to my humble little blog. I like many people, get crazy ideas of things that would be challenging, but awesome to say that they accomplished it. Things like running a marathon, getting published, modeling for an art class or photographer.

Here’s the thing though, I’ve decided to actually work on accomplishing these goals.I will be chronicling my journey with all of it’s challenges and rewards through words and pictures.

I hope it is at least entertaining for you.

I currently have a list of 10 goals, which I expect will continue to grow as I do.

Here’s a little about myself. I am a 20 something woman living in the Chicago land area. I work with adults with profound developmental disabilities, and am earning my master’s degree in Library and Information Science. I am engaged (and no, I haven’t set a date yet) and live with my fiancĂ© in the studio apartment of my parent’s basement, with my parents, sister, and puppy (Although, they don’t live in the studio with us. That would be crazy. They live in the rest of the house). I love words, beauty in all forms, food, friends, and conversation.

I am planning with starting with item #1 on my list, but I will not necessarily follow the rest of the list in order. I may combine, and work on 2 or 3 or 7 at a time. I have decided to work on #1 first for the following reasons.
1. In order to accomplish #2, I have to be able to accomplish #1. (Actually, in order to complete #1, I have to be able to run a mile straight.By which I mean, not stopping to walk after jogging for 2 or 3 minutes.
2. It’s been on my mind the longest.
3. Because I want to.

So! Here are my goals.

1. Run a 5k
2. Complete Chicago 2012 Marathon
3. Learn to box
4. Learn a Martial Art.
5. Learn Yoga
6. Be able to complete entire Pilates floor mat routine.
7. Learn Tai-Chi
8. Complete a triathlon
9. Complete Nanowrimo
10. Model for at art class or photographer
11. Get published
12. Go rock climbing


This by the way, is not my “Bucket list”.My bucket list is:
1. Spend at least 1 week in every country (I have spent 5 months in Rome, Italy, and 1 week in Stirling, Scotland, and a couple weeks in Quebec, Canada)
2. Spend 1 night and day in every state in the United States (Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, South Dakota and others I am forgetting are already accomplished)

Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions!But please, be nice to each other (and to me, please?).

Those of you who know me in real life, I may be paranoid but please, don’t use my first or last name on this blog. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to bloggy-blog land Aileen! I too am paranoid and use a blog name in lieu of my real name. But I'm sure if you stalk my blog, you'll figure out who I really am in no time. ;)

    Ugh... you blog reminds me of my number one goal... "keep posting in my blog". I have been slacking! But I have good reasons... (more on that some other day)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kijjet! I read your profile and saw that you are a stepmother of two...so I have a pretty good idea of who you are. :)

    Thanks for following me, and commenting! Maybe we can keep each other on track with posting. :)

    ReplyDelete