Sunday, June 12, 2011

First run

I did my first run today! I decided to test myself, to see how long I can currently run. After all, how do you know if you've improved if you don't know where you started? I found out I can run for 3 consecutive minutes before I have to slow to a walk or stop and get some water.

I drink a lot of water when I work out. You see, I used to pass out randomly when I worked out. I say randomly because it wouldn't be every time I worked out, and I wasn't doing a brand new exercise. We couldn't figure out why for a while. I went to a cardiologist, got a stress test done, had to wear a heart monitor for a month. It sucked. Then my doctor decided I had vasovagal syncope and told me to drink fucktons of water (Hi, I swear. Hope that's not an issue.) So when I'm working out, whenever I start to feel a little off I gulp some water. And so far, I haven't passed out again. (So far, I've passed out 3 times, and almost passed out once).

The disadvantage of having to drink so much water, is that it makes my tummy all sloshy.

No comments:

Post a Comment