Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm back!

I went for a run today! Yes, first time since June 12th. I finally had the time, and the health. Didn't really want to go, but that is the whole point of training for a marathon. I'm training, which means I have to do it even when I don't want to. I did a 5k. Yay me! However, I walked most of it. After my warm up, I started with my usual run 3 minutes, walk 1. But it didn't feel right, so I ended up walking most of it. I think if you add up all the minutes I ran, I might have run a mile.

My left hip flexor is really sore. I asked a runner friend of mine for advice, she recommended heat and stretching so that's what I'll do.

Actually, I'm going to get my heat pack now.

Ahh...that already feels better.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try a light weight training workout and see how that feels. I'm thinking my work out schedule will be Sunday - run, Monday - weights, Tuesday- off, Wednesday, run, Thursday, off, Friday, run, Saturday, weights. I also want to work pilates and yoga in there for the stretch, and core training. Maybe on days I run I'll do pilates, and on days I do weights I'll do yoga.

I'm looking forward to my next run. Not because I had such a good workout today, but for the opposite; I never really got into my groove, and didn't get my sense of accomplishment. I miss that sense of accomplishment, and I can't wait to feel it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment