Thursday, March 15, 2012

In which I describe my dream mornings

In my ideal life, I wake up before the sun rises fully refreshed. I make myself a cup of coffee or tea, and sit outside and watch the sun rise and contemplate life. Then I go for a run in the cool morning air, or do yoga in my back yard. Or maybe I take care of my garden, weeding, watering, and harvesting. And then I sit down with my journal or laptop, and write. Either creatively, journaling, or both.

Sounds lovely, right? So why aren't I doing it? My mornings right now generally involve waking up just after the sun rises feeling like a zombie until after I've had caffiene. Telling myself I will exercise or write right after I finish playing online. 3 hours later, I have to rush to get ready to go to work and I haven't accomplished anything.

So! The sun is supposed to rise at 7:03am tomorrow. I will have my alarm set for 6:30, and we will do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment